Information for Practitioner Patients being referred to Efficacy
Efficacy and PHP have worked together for 6 years to treat GPs requiring psychological therapies. The Efficacy and PHP partnership has now been widened to encompass all NHS GPH referrals.
Efficacy offers a range of treatment options for patients, all following NICE guidance for evidence-based treatments. This includes remote delivery of therapies as well as face to face appointments. The remote models have been designed with busy doctors in mind, understanding that they require not just consistently high quality therapy delivered by accredited senior therapists but also anonymity and schedule flexibility. Each of these service options is discussed in person during a telephone-based assessment with a Senior Efficacy Clinician to make sure the patient makes a choice that is clinically appropriate and suits their personal needs.
The options that have been designed for the NHS GP Health service are as follows:
– Supported Computerised CBT: Efficacy piloted and tested a selection of software-based NICE approved treatment programmes to identify that which has the best outcomes, was most true to the CBT model and offered a clinician-led option of contacts that allowed for a personalized and supported treatment. Efficacy chose SilverCloud and achieves exceptional outcomes for their patients in excess of published outcome data which is in itself very positive:
“SilverCloud, which was tested in the UK for people with depression, in addition to showing improvement on the primary depression measure, demonstrated significant improvements on the secondary anxiety measures” (Richards et al. 2015)
How it works:
- A programme link is sent via email to the patient that includes modules that are suitable for the initial diagnosis. (Depression, Anxiety disorders – selection, Managing Stress)
- Efficacy calls the patient to book them in with the first senior therapist telephone appointment
- The patient works through exercises and records thoughts and feelings and behaviours
- The patient has a weekly telephone appointment with their BABCP accredited senior clinician to discuss their work and records of the week and support their progress
- The patient has 12 months’ access to their own confidential SilverCloud platform and can review lessons and relapse plans to support staying well for the future
– Telephone-based CBT: In their work with GPs, Efficacy has recognized that there is a demand amongst some patients to be treated rapidly and with the flexibility that a remote service can provide. This permits patients to manage their treatment around shiftwork, family life and other commitments. It can also offer the anonymity that GPs require out of their local area.
How it works:
- The patient is contacted to set up the first telephone appointment
- The Patient has a weekly 50 minutes call on the telephone or Skype (as per their preference) with their treatment
- The Patient continues to be treated weekly via telephone or Skype for as many sessions as are clinically indicated (based on NICE guidance).
– Face to face CBT: Efficacy has delivered face to face CBT nationwide for more than ten years and has a rigorous selection and nurturing of their CBT therapists who treat patients face to face and remotely. All clinicians are BABCP accredited, referenced and checked to deliver high standards of care.
How it works:
- The patient is contacted to set up the first appointment based on their local Efficacy clinician’s diary availability
- The Patient has a weekly 50 minutes appointment face to face
- The Patient continues to be treated weekly face to face for as many sessions as are clinically indicated (based on NICE guidance).
….For more information contact Efficacy Ltd: 020 79297911 ….
Posted in: General FAQ